Lovely Lady Cakes

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Mary & Reuben's Babyshower



Once again I, Anna, have volunteered to host another baby shower to celebrate dear friends Mary and Reuben bringing their little bundle of joy into the world. I love them and wouldn't of had it any other way. Of course I had lots of help with my other hosts Jessica, Jill, Reuben's sister-in-law Michelle, and Reuben's parents. It was a great time. They decided to have a Co-Ed shower which I have never done before. We kept it simple, no weird games, no embarrassing things for the guys to do. It was more of a get together with friends, sip on beer or white wine spritzers, and just enjoy everyone's presences.
Of course, I made the shower cake a 2-Tiered chocolate cake, with chocolate buttercream, and mint cookies crushed inside it. I made Reuben's favorite chocolate chip cookies, and for the favors made the IN item of 2011-cake pops.

To see my video on how to make Cake POPS click this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S8oGGmPVlQ
Decoration is my thing. I love to decorate! We had cute paper balls that looked like flowers hanging outside (Pom Poms from Martha Stewart collection). A line with clothes pins that held cute baby girl onesies, and my favorite activity to get the guest involved is a decorate a onesie table. There were fabric markers, stencils, and onesie for guests to walk up to the table and just get creative. It was a wonderful time! To end the party we had one last game called the "Guess who that baby is". I had guests bring with them a baby pic, and I taped them on paper and just had the guests try to guess which baby face looked like the people around them. Great game for everyone to get to know and chat with others...

Congratulations Mary and Reuben!

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love pink and brown together, so, that cake caught my eye...nice work! You are the Baby Shower pro!!!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank ya thank ya! heheh...babies everywhere..LOL

    ReplyDelete