Lovely Lady Cakes

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Kale Salad with Sausage and Sunflower Seeds

Kale is a leafy green vegetable that can help with cholesterol and for lowering-risk for cancer. Also, it is low in calories. It is a yearly leaf that can be found at most grocery stores.
So for tonights dinner I had random items of food all around the kitchen. I usually just add everything I see in sight and bam there is the meal...But today I was reading Bon Appetit, and was inspired by a recipe with Kale. I thought to myself, "I have Kale in my fridge". The recipe I read called for bacon and Leeks with Kale, and I thought, "I am so gonna make that when I have bacon and Leeks." But tonight I happen to have sausage from Trader Joes and random items like sunflower seeds, and Kale.

By the way, SunFlower Seeds are an excellent source of Vitamin E.
Here is how I made it..

1 link of sausage with out the casing
1/4 onion
1 clove garlic
1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
1 tsp. smoked paprika
dash of Salt
dash of pepper
4-5 cups of chopped Kale
2-3 Tbs. Butter or olive oil

In a sauté pan, on medium heat place sausage with out its casing in the pan. The fat of the sausage or bacon will render. Place to the side after its cooked. Add onions and sauté on medium low for 3 mins, add garlic, sunflower seeds, paprika, salt and pepper. Set aside with the sausage or bacon. In the same pan add 2-3 tbs of butter, add Kale on medium heat for 3-4 mins. Add everything that was set to the side and sauté for 2 mins. Serve...

No comments:

Post a Comment